Only 3% of people are trying to gain weight, and most of them are men. So if you’re a woman trying to gain weight, build muscle, and become stronger, it can be a challenge. There aren’t a lot of great resources out there. We created Bony to Bombshell (for thin women) and Bony to Beastly (for thin men) to help other naturally skinny people overcome the same weight-gain struggles we had.
- We can’t gain any weight no matter what we try.
- We feel stuffed, bloated, or sick when trying to eat more food.
- We gain a couple of pounds, plateau, and can’t gain any more.
- Eating more just makes us fatter, not stronger and curvier.
- Training to build muscle is confusing and overwhelming.
- The popular workouts seem unscientific and illogical.
We’re Shane Duquette (writer and illustrator), Marco Walker-Ng, BHSch, PN (strength coach), and Jared Polowick (designer). If you want to learn more about us, you can read about Shane’s 55-pound transformation, Jared’s 45-pound transformation, and Marco’s 65-pound transformation by clicking here. If you want to see some of our client transformations, you can click here.
We Help Thin Women Build Muscle
Our mission is to help you build muscle no matter how skinny you are, no matter how many times you’ve failed in the past, and no matter how meagre your appetite is. You have our full guarantee on that.
We’ll help you build muscle by combining three things:
- Lifting enough. To build muscle, we need to challenge the strength of our muscles. That means choosing the best muscle-building exercises (squats, push-ups, Romanian deadlifts, chin-ups), using weights that are heavy enough, doing somewhere between 6–30 repetitions per set, and getting within 0–3 reps of failure. This training is strenuous. And it works wonders.
- Eating enough. If you can eat enough calories, you’ll gain weight. If you can eat enough protein, you’ll build muscle. We’ll help you do that, even if your stomach is tiny and your appetite has gone missing. (If you’ve ever tried gaining weight, you know what we mean. Our hunger disappears as soon as the scale starts moving up.)
- Doing it often enough. The best results come when we lift weights at least three times per week, when we eat enough calories every day, and when we get a good night’s rest every night.
If you can build those habits, you can expect to gain 0.5 pounds on the scale each week. Within a few months, you’ll have gained 10+ pounds. It’s not easy, but it’s realistically achievable. You can do this.
So, Now What?
Our Muscle-Building Program
If you’re ready to start building muscle, we can guide you through the entire process. The Bony to Bombshell Program includes a video course teaching all of the exercises, a 5-month workout program, a complete weight-gain diet guide, a recipe book, and a year-long membership in our online coaching community. You’ll be building muscle alongside other women with similar goals, and posting weekly progress updates. We’ll be here to give feedback and answer all of your questions.
Sign Up For The Newsletter
If you want to keep up with our latest guides and articles, sign up for our women’s muscle-building newsletter. We’ll email you 1–2 times per month with information we think you’ll find useful.
Our Most Popular Articles
If you’re new here and you’re wondering where to get started, you can start by reading our most popular articles:
- The Skinny on Why You’re Skinny
- How Much Muscle Can Thin Women Build? And How Fast?
- How to Eat for Muscle Growth and Weight GAIN
- How Should You Exercise to Build Muscle?
- Which Exercises Are Best for Building Muscle?
- A Beginner’s Workout Guide for Building Muscle
- The Best Weight-Gain Supplements for Women
- How Much Muscle is Optimally Attractive?
- How to Build Bigger Hips
- How to Build Muscle With Squats
You may also enjoy the articles over on Outlift, our muscle-building site for everyone, skinny or not.
If you need to get in touch with us for any reason, fill out this form. We look forward to hearing from you 🙂